Application Of The Code Of Conduct
The following code of conduct (the “Code of Conduct”) governs the harassment policy (the “Rules”) laid out by Buffer Festival Inc. (“Buffer Festival”), to be enforced during all Buffer Festival events (the “Festival”). To the extent that this document is inconsistent with any other document prepared by Buffer Festival or anyone else, this document will take precedence. Buffer Festival may change the Code of Conduct and Rules at any time without advance notice. Changes will become effective once posted on this website (“bufferfestival.com”). Your continued involvement with the Festival after any change means you have accepted the changed Code of Conduct. Any questions about the Code of Conduct should be directed to the Buffer Festival organizers.
Code Of Conduct Agreement
- All Festival attendees, Featured Creators, attending Creators, all-access guests, hosts, panelists, volunteers, media, press, partners, vendors, sponsors, and staff (the “Participants”) must adhere to these Rules.
- Buffer Festival is dedicated to providing a safe, harassment-free Festival experience for everyone, regardless of age, race, gender, gender identity and expression, orientation, disability, physical appearance, religion, beliefs, or popularity. We do not tolerate harassment of Festival Participants in any form. Festival Participants violating these Rules may be removed from the Festival without refund at the discretion of Buffer Festival or its designees.
- Harassment includes but is not limited to discrimination, intimidation, stalking, following, threatening, bullying, cyberbullying, cyberharassing, disruptive photography or videography, disruptive lighting, disruption of screenings or other events, inappropriate verbal comments, inappropriate physical contact, unwelcome sexual attention or advances, sexual manipulation, or causing excessive discomfort to any Participant. Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately. Noncompliance will result in removal from the Festival and may involve local law enforcement. Buffer Festival reserves the right to permanently ban any Participants who do not comply with this Code of Conduct from future events owned or operated by Buffer Festival.
- If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact a member of Festival staff, volunteer staff, or on-site security immediately. Festival staff and volunteers can be identified by appropriately labeled and colour coded badges, and are available at every Buffer Festival venue. Contact details will be available on-site.
- Festival staff and volunteers will be available to help Participants work with venue security or local law enforcement, provide escorts, or otherwise assist those experiencing harassment to feel safe for the duration of the Festival. We value your attendance.
Buffer Festival reserves the right to rule, in its sole discretion, on cases and situations not foreseen by the Code of Conduct.